Monterey, California is a beautiful coastal city in the northern portion of the state. With Cannery Row and the famous Monterey Bay Aquarium, there is a perfect mix of modern trends and cultural style. The city spans the coast and has access to several beaches, and the weather is often temperate. Despite the sometimes cloudy and misty coastal days, many people in Monterey have their own pools, because the ocean is not always inviting.
Benefits of Automatic Pool Covers
Having a pool is a wonderful way to relax, spend time with friends, have fun, and get exercise. Beyond the fun, there is a great deal of responsibility that comes with owning a pool. You need to ensure that safety is your top priority for friends and family because accidents happen. The best safety precaution is to get a pool cover. Automatic pool covers are the latest trend in pool safety and they prevent unplanned access to your pool. There are a number of reasons to consider getting an automatic pool cover.
- Safety first: Supervision is always the best way to keep your kids safe but a pool cover adds some extra security by preventing accidents. Accidental drowning is one of the top causes of death in young children, and pool covers can help to prevent this. The safety of your children and friends is the number one reason to get an automatic pool cover.
- Convenience: Automatic pool covers are easy to use because they only work when you need them to. Simply flip a switch, clear the path of movement and your pool will be open or covered within sixty seconds. You can easily protect against the elements, with a cover acting as a shield which can be unlocked and retracted instantly.
- Environmental benefits: By providing a barrier between the atmosphere and the pool, pool covers prevent evaporation. An uncovered pool of standard size (16×36 feet) can lose up to 180 gallons of water a week. And the evaporation takes away expensive chemicals too, which you will need to replace. You can save hundreds of gallons each year by using a cover and protect the environment from additional chemical exposure.
- Save money: Having a pool cover will help you to save money on your electricity bills. With an automatic cover the water can heat up by 15 degrees during the day and at night will be 90% cooler. You also save on buying chemicals because during the day these evaporate, however with a cover they do not evaporate as fast so you do not need to replace them as often. The suppression of evaporation also reduces the need for dehumidification, leading to even greater energy savings.
- Clean pool: In addition to saving energy, pool covers can also reduce cleaning and maintenance costs. A pool cover helps to keep debris, dirt, and leaves from getting in your pool and clogging your filtration system. You can also prevent green algae from growing because under a cover there is less sunlight hitting the water which promotes algae growth. The less debris and algae you have, the less time you have to spend cleaning the pool.
While a cover does not replace supervision as the better safety measure, they do help keep your loved ones safe. For any questions you have about installing a pool cover, reach out to us today and we will help you get what you need for both your pool and your peace of mind.