Santa Cruz is the laid back surf town of the central California coastline. From beaches to the vintage Boardwalk, and boutique shopping to galleries and culture, this relaxed beach town has something for everyone. The weather can change from day to day as with most coastal cities, but this doesn’t keep people out of the water. If the ocean is too cold, it is not surprising to find that many houses have their own backyard pools for pleasure.
Automatic Pool Covers in Santa Cruz, CA
Having a pool is a wonderful way to relax, spend time with friends, have fun, as well as get exercise. There is a great deal of responsibility that comes with owning a pool and you need to ensure that safety is your top priority for friends and family. The best safety precaution is to get a pool cover. Automatic pool covers are the latest trend in pool safety and they prevent unplanned access to your pool and have several benefits. There are a number of reasons to consider getting an automatic pool cover.
- Safety comes first: Supervision is always the best way to keep people from your pool but if this is not possible, then a cover adds some extra security by preventing accidents. Accidental drowning is one of the top causes of death in young children, and pool covers can help to prevent this.
- Convenience: Automatic pool covers are easy to use. They only work when you need them to. Simply flip a switch, clear the path of movement and your pool will be open or covered within sixty seconds.
- Environmental benefits: Your cover serves as a barrier between the atmosphere and the pool, and this prevents excessive evaporation. An uncovered pool of standard size can lose up to 180 gallons of water a week. You can save hundreds of gallons each year by using a cover.
- Save money: Having a pool cover will help you to save money on your energy bills. Covers will heat your water during the day and keep the water cooler at night. You also save on buying chemicals because during the day these evaporate but this will not happen with a cover.
- Cleaner pool: Having a pool cover can also reduce cleaning and maintenance costs. A pool cover helps to keep debris, dirt, and leaves from getting in your pool and causing clogs or system malfunctions. You can also prevent green algae from growing since there is less sunlight hitting the water surface. Less debris and fewer algae mean your pool is cleaner so there is less upkeep for you to do.
While a cover does not replace supervision as the better safety measure, they do help keep your loved ones safe. For additional security, you can also look into installing a pool fence along with your pool cover. Reach out to us today and we will help you get what you need for both your pool, peace of mind, and safety of your loved ones.