Automatic pool covers are important for pool safety because they prevent unplanned access to your pool. There are a number of reasons to consider getting an automatic pool cover.
Benefits of Pool Covers
- Safety first: Supervision is always the best way to keep your kids safe but a pool cover adds some extra security by preventing accidents. Accidental drownings are one of the top causes of death in young children, and pool covers can help to prevent this. The safety of your children and friends is the number one reason to get an automatic pool cover.
- Convenience: Automatic pool covers are easy to use because they only work when you need them to. Simply flip a switch, clear the path of movement and your pool will be open or covered within sixty seconds. You can easily protect against the elements, with a cover acting as a shield which can be unlocked and retracted instantly.
- Environmental benefits: By providing a barrier between the atmosphere and the pool, pool covers prevent evaporation. An uncovered pool of standard size (16×36 feet) can lose up to 180 gallons of water a week. And the evaporation takes away expensive chemicals too, which you will need to replace. You can save hundreds of gallons each year by using a cover and protect the environment from additional chemical exposure.
- Save money: Having a pool cover will help you to save money on your electricity bills. With a cover, the water can heat up by 15 degrees during the day and at night will be 90% cooler. You also save on buying chemicals because during the day these evaporate, however with a cover they do not evaporate as fast so you do not need to replace them as often. The suppression of evaporation also reduces the need for dehumidification, leading to even greater energy savings.
- Clean pool: In addition to saving energy, pool covers can also reduce cleaning and maintenance costs. A pool cover helps to keep debris, dirt, and leaves from getting in your pool and clogging your filtration system. You can also prevent green algae from growing because under a cover there is less sunlight hitting the water which promotes algae growth. The less debris and algae you have, the less time you have to spend cleaning the pool.
- Customization: Automatic pool covers can be easily customized to fit with any décor in your yard and around your pool. Pool covers come in a variety of colors and designs, so you can match it to your yard décor and own personal style.
While a cover does not replace supervision as the better safety measure, they do help keep your loved ones safe. For any questions you have about automatic pool cover, each out to us today and we will provide answers and an estimate so you can enjoy peace of mind as well as your pool.