Pools are a great investment whether you are looking for a way to spruce up the backyard or just want your own private getaway. Over the last few years, pool installation has increased and many people are finding both the joys and benefits to pool ownership.
More and More People are Getting Pools Installed
There are a number of reasons why people want pools and after reading these, you will likely want one too:
- Swimming is a great way to stay in shape and when the pool is in your yard, you don’t have to worry about driving to the gym or the local community pool. You can make a swim schedule that fits your life and routine and not have to worry about opening and closing hours. It is also a great way for kids to exercise, get fresh air, and even boost their swimming skills and confidence.
- Playing or swimming in a pool is a natural way to relieve the stress of the day. Studies have shown that swimming reduces stress at the same time as improving your mood. Taking a dip or doing a few laps after work can relax you just as well as a massage. With less tension in your life, you also benefit from extending your lifespan.
- Pools make the perfect setting for summer barbecues and birthday parties. Doubling as a kids playground during the day and a relaxing spot for your friends in the evening, a pool is an entertainment venue for everyone.
- Having a pool encourages family time. We know that your schedules are hectic and everyone has timelines, appointments, routines, and other commitments, so finding time to spend together as a family can be difficult. Instead of having to arrange an outing and coordinate schedules, a simple afternoon swims in the pool will bring the family together.
- Having a pool increases the value of your home and saves you money. You no longer have to spend money on outings to the pools or expensive getaway destinations. You have your own recreation and mini-vacation in the backyard.
- A pool in your yard gives you privacy and you don’t have to share it with strangers. Community pools can be a nuisance when they are overcrowded and often make people uncomfortable. Swim in peace in the comfort and privacy of your own backyard and enjoy hours of uninterrupted pleasure.
In the last year, alone plans for pool installation have increased by 40%, with many new housing developments already including them in plans. It is not difficult to find a house these days with a pool. Outdoor remodeling is the fastest growing sector of home improvement and over 41% of these projects involve pool installation. With so many people installing pools or at least thinking about it, you may want to act fast before your house is the only one on the block without one.